The Boomchickapop popcorn seeds from Angie's Popcorn that I planted back on June 1 are finally starting to produce some corn! The plants have been growing and growing, but there was no sign of actual corn until a little over a week ago.
August 25, 2014
Happy Monday! I meant to share this TEDx talk by registered dietitian Jen Haugen, "How moms can save the world," last week. Here it is, better late than never:
In other news, today is the last day to sign up for my "Healthy For (Your) Life" six-week class and get the early-bird discount of $350 (includes a 1-hour personal nutrition consultation with me). You can visit www.carriedennett.com/classes or call Northwest Natural Health at 206-784-9111 for details. If you are not doing the early-bird discount, you can talk to the NNH staff about payment plan options.
August 22, 2014
- Celebrating the lessons of Julia Child.
- Food buyers lean toward "natural," a claim that's hard to define.
- 5 reasons potatoes don't deserve their bad reputation.
- New to meditation? Try these tiny stepping stones.
- The future of food: How our eating habits will change. (Warning, a video starts playing.)
- New recipe: Kids influencing parents (to cook).
Have a wonderful weekend!