Happy Bastille Day! Late links this week. Time got away from me!
- Do you regularly skip meals? Pay attention to what you eat when you next eat. A small-but-interesting study from Cornell University’s food lab found that people tend to turn to high-calorie foods (and not to nutrient-packed, low-calorie vegetables) when they finally get to eat again.
- A nice little National Institutes of Health article on why vegetarians and flexitarians have got it goin’ on.
- Beyond the Dirty Dozen: Fourteen foods you should buy organic.
- An interesting NY Times “Opinionator” piece from Mark Bittman on why milk isn’t for everyone.
- In other beverage news, a nice article on NPR’s “The Salt” on why a glass of nightly wine might protect women’s bones.
- If you’re trying to keep sugar out of your beverages (and food), here’s are some tips on demystifying food labels.
I’m in San Francisco today, eating and sightseeing. I’ll be Instagraming along the way, and posting some of the pix on Monday. You can also follow my Instagram feed (my tag is carriedennett) or follow me through Followgram.