- The mechanisms by which cancer cells develop and proliferate both horrify and fascinate me. So I’m always intrigued by insights into how components of food might arrest this process. Accordingly, I found the Medical News Today article “Compound in Mediterranean Diet Makes Cancer Cells ‘Mortal’” was quite interesting.
- To expand on that idea, I also enjoyed the Time Health & Family article “Mediterranean Diet Better Than Low-Fat Diet in Keeping Aging Brains Sharp.”
- Do your holiday plans involve dining away from home. Beware this pitfall: “People choose larger portions of ‘healthy’ foods.”
- So what does that mean if you host (or attend) a healthy dinner party? I liked the Washington Post article “Healthy dinner parties show ‘you don’t have to binge to celebrate.'” I especially appreciated the comment by RD Sarah Waybright that “There’ snot a single diet that’s right for everybody.” Amen to that!
- Finally, if you’re preparing to marinate something to grill for the holiday, you might be interested to know what the Chicago Tribune has to say about “Why we marinate.”
I’m in San Francisco for a few days this holiday weekend, and you can bet that the Ferry Plaza Farmer’s Market will be my first stop after dropping my bag at the hotel! And a stop at Acme Bread and Miette are also on the agenda…along with dinner at Bar Tartine!