Happy Friday! Here’s some of my favorite nutrition news from the past week:
- Another reason not to “fat bash,” as a new study suggests that weight bias is associated with an increased risk of obesity. See, shaming does NOT work!
- A nice primer on whole grains, including some great ideas for incorporating them into your meals.
- Why it’s so hard to stick with a diet or exercise plan.
- I’ve written a lot about gluten intolerance on this blog and in a recent Seattle Times column, but I thought this article on who should consider a gluten-free diet was fantastic and worth sharing.
- Men have been getting a bum deal in nutrition research the last few weeks. The latest news involves eating breakfast, but don’t go throwing away the eggs and the oatmeal just yet.
It looks like another gorgeous weekend here in Seattle, and while I rejoice in our good fortune (the last two summers were not so great), I feel for everyone getting slammed by the heat on the east coast. I hope you have a pleasant weekend, with air conditioning, if needed!