Happy Friday! It’s really a good thing I took a blogging break this week. I should know by now that the first week of a new internship rotation is intense, no matter where it is or what I’m doing. It’s like starting a brand new job every three weeks…as soon as you learn everyone’s name and get into the groove, you’re off to someplace different. Nevertheless, the nutrition world keeps turning, and here are some highlights:
- Another look at the never-ending, ever-evolving question: Can your genes make you gain weight?
- I love a good chopped salad, and apparently I’m far from alone in that emotion. Which is good, because making sure to eat 5 servings of vegetables and fruits a day may help you live longer.
- When it comes to sweeteners, does is matter if they are real or fake?
- If you need a primer on why cholesterol isn’t always evil, read this nice overview of the important roles this substance plays in our bodies.
- Finally, because it’s summer, and smoothies taste extra good in summer, here’s a great article on how to build a better good-for-you smoothie.
Have a great weekend!