Happy Friday! Today’s the last day of my food service rotation, and I’m going to actually do the unthinkable this weekend…spend time with family and friends. I haven’t seen my niece and nephews for ever…I hope they remember who I am. But for now, links!
- There are few things I love better than busting nutritional myths…or reading other articles that bust nutritional myths.
- Do you ever use one of these six bad excuses for overeating?
- Have you been avoiding fruit because you’re trying to avoid sugar (fructose in particular)? Even the biggest foe of sugar and fructose around, Dr. David Lustig, says that the sugar consumed in fruit is not linked to adverse health effects.
- What really motivates people to eat right and exercise? Being healthy, or looking good?
- I don’t know if this counts as a link I “like,” but a local radio station shamelessly co-opted my Seattle Times column on orthorexia. I don’t quite agree with the parallels they drew between orthorexia and the famous “is the chicken local” Portlandia sketch (in the audio version only). And while they mentioned my blog (thank goodness for that), they made such a point of NOT mentioning The Seattle Times that they claimed I said things on my blog that I actually said in my column. Whatever.