Happy Friday! I am soooo looking forward to this weekend. I’m going to do fun stuff like cook a roast, boil beef bones for stock, rescue the out of control backyard basil and turn it into pesto, read a book, watch movies, go for long walks, do some yoga…can you tell I’m reveling in not having to spend my weekends working? That’s OK, next week I start writing my thesis. In the meantime, here are some links I found interesting:
- The debate about whether it’s possible to be “fit and fat” keeps evolving, and some new research suggests that the presence of body-wide inflammation (or the lack therof) may be the key.
- Another reason why blueberries rock, variety is key, and whole fruit is better than juice. P.S., I loved the last quote in this story.
- How healthy is your at-work takeout food? Apparently we here in Seattle don’t do too well on that front (in spite of all the tech companies), but there are ways to turn that around. And, surprise, on average, healthy food orders cost $5 less than less-healthful orders!
- Is sugar evil? Is fructose evil? The truth may not be quite that extreme.
- Finally! The origins of the term “peanut gallery.” Hint: It has to do with the fact that snacking used to be a disreputable activity.
- And, um, yikes…I’m glad Chobani’s not my usual brand of yogurt.
Have a smashing weekend!