Makes about 12 pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1 cup cooked steel cut oats
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons oil (canola, olive or melted coconut)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon).
2. In a large bowl, stir together wet ingredients (cooked oats, egg, yogurt, milk, oil and vanilla extract).
3. Add dry ingredients to wet, mixing just until combined (batter will be slightly lumpy).
4. Grease a skillet with a bit of oil and preheat over medium-high heat.
5. Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot skillet; cook until edges become dry and bubbles start to form in the center (about 3 minutes). Flip and cook until golden and puffed (about 2 more minutes).
6. Remove to a plate or platter and keep warm in a low oven, if needed. Continue until all batter is used.