Happy Friday! I’ve been super busy this week with studying for the RD exam, watching nutrition-related webinars, plotting out my next few newspaper columns, and so on. I also found some great links to share:
- One dietitian’s take on the pros and cons of detox diets and juice cleanses, from a personal and professional/scientific perspective.
- Do you eat pork? Demand is growing for hogs that are raised humanely outdoors.
- The impressive benefits of a plant-based diet.
- There seems to be no end to scientific studies and news reports about why we shouldn’t sit so much, but this infographic offers a fresh visual take on the health hazards of sitting.
- The RD’s wish list for the 2015 dietary guidelines, including a focus on actual food instead of isolated nutrients, recognition of environmental drivers of eating behaviors, and recommendations that work with tight food budgets.
- The real hunger games, aka the moral void inhabited by industries that profit astronomically from both obesity and anorexia.
- And finally, a body image dream for 2014.
It’s still chilly in Seattle, but the sun has been shining the last few days, which makes me happy. I’m also happy I didn’t have travel plans to the east coast earlier this week. Talk about a winter chill! I hope everyone has a great weekend!