Happy Friday! Now that 2014 is officially underway, I thought I would wade through the masses of blog posts and articles about New Year’s resolutions that resonated with me and actually offered some useful information, resolution or no resolution:
- I’m a Mark Bittman fan, and I enjoyed his “Sustainable resolutions for your diet,” even if the photo reminded me of the creepy dancing baby on Ally McBeal.
- I read “Make a new kind of New Year’s resolution” and found myself saying, “Yes, yes and yes!” Especially the part about treating yourself and your loved ones better.
- Is eating more mindfully something you want to practice in 2014? Take Dr. Susan Albers’ Mindful Eating Pledge.
- Whole Food’s “Healthy Eating Handbook” (in PDF form) is beautiful to look at and has some great ideas. I love their template for building a tasty, nutritious lunch or dinner bowl (aka Mighty Bowls of Goodness).
- Finally, “9 small ways to build a better body image in 2014.”
I’ll have lots of time on my hands this weekend, since the other non-canine resident of my household will be watching a lot of football. My plans include brunch with two of my former fellow students, a much-needed purging of my clothes closet, and some time in the garden, because Seattle is supposed to have some actual winter sun! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, too!