This post is a twofer. I’m super late getting this links post out because I’ve had my nose to the grindstone studying for the RD exam (I’m about 90 percent sure I’m overpreparing, but I’m also 100 percent sure that I’d rather be safe than sorry…especially after spending $200 this morning to register for the exam).
Yes, that’s right. I have set my test date, which I will not reveal, because I’m superstitious that way. This morning I finally got official permission from the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) to schedule the exam. (They had to verify that I successfully completed my internship and earned my degree first.)
I feel so much better now that I have a hard deadline! I’ve been studying pretty much every day (some days just a little, other days a lot), but I was starting to feel like I was spinning my wheels. I really, truly work better when up against a deadline…that’s the journalist in me.
As for the other half of this post…here are some links!
- It’s January, which means it’s the empty diet claim season.
- Oh, and about those claims…here’s 10 things the weight-loss industry won’t tell you.
- What are your feelings on working out in the new year? Excitement? Dread?
- In case you thought that weight-stigma had a motivating effect, new research suggests that weight stigma messaging causes weight gain.
- If one of your life goals is to eat healthier, cooking at home is a great place to start. Here are seven steps to becoming a better cook.
- If you live in a chilly winter climate, you may find that these warming foods for winter hit the spot.
- Lentils are a extremely versatile, quick-cooking legume, but have you ever had them like this?
That’s it for now. Have a great weekend!