Happy Friday! Can I tell you how excited I am to finally have a weekend where I’m not recovering from jetlag or a cold? Very excited. It’s so nice to feel like myself again. I got way behind on links the past few weeks, but here are my best picks…enjoy!
- I mentioned in one of my Postcards from Paris posts that we brought home a lot of French butter in our checked suitcase. Looks like it’s not just French butter, but butter in general, that’s in vogue. I personally am in favor of using butter (especially high-quality butter), as it’s a real food that provides great flavor and texture. That doesn’t mean you should slather your bread with it…as always, moderation applies.
- The backfiring of the “obesity as a disease” messaging.
- One more reason not to let yourself get ravenously hungry: marital harmony.
- The “utter nonsense” behind many “best diet” claims.
- Are you a reactive eater? Why you–or your child–may not be able to resist the lure of forbidden foods.
- A trailer for an intriguing documentary, “The Student Body,” about the ramifications of BMI testing in schools…written, co-directed by a student investigative journalist.
- Finally, five ways to plan an unforgettably happy summer.
Have a fantastic weekend!