Happy Friday! If you live in Seattle, you have likely been celebrating our early glimpse of summer. It’s so nice to finally pull out the patio chairs and be able to use them! Lots of interesting nutrition-related news this week, and here are some of my favorite bits:
- More people seem to be ignoring (or forgetting) the fact that statin drugs don’t make up for an unhealthy diet.
- New findings about why dark chocolate and cocoa powder are good for us.
- Why food shaming defeats attempts to eat more healthfully.
- Sick of dieting? Then stop dieting.
- Do you tell your healthcare providers about ALL supplements you take? Here’s why you should.
- Why we’re obsessed with judging others’ food choices–and our own.
- Are pre-made “veggie blend-ins” the answer to the question of “How can I eat more vegetables?” Maybe…but probably not.