With warmer days at hand and my imminent return to working somewhere other than my home office (more on that bit soon, I promise), I’ve been thinking a lot about salads lately, especially those that can stand up to being packed for a brown bag office lunch. These are on my short list:
- Roasted Chickpea Salad with Za’atar. I love chickpeas, I love cabbage, and I have za’atar in my spice drawer…done!
- Lentil Salad with Avocados and Marinated Artichokes. I love lentils…and I have the artichokes in my pantry.
- Black Pepper Cauliflower Salad. This made me think of another of Heidi Swanson’s recipes, Black Pepper Tempeh (which includes cauliflower). It’s a favorite in our house, and I think this salad might become a new favorite.
- Lentil, Avocado and Farro Salad. Three of my favorite things, all in one recipe!
- Moroccan-Style Carrot and Beet Salad. Just think how many phytochemicals are packed into this little salad!