Happy Friday! Can you believe it’s almost July? Even though it’s raining at the moment, I’m thrilled that summer didn’t wait until July 5 to arrive in Seattle. Here are some tasty links I found this week:
- Does home ec class need a reboot and a revival?
- Is organic farming sustainable?
- Eight things nutrition experts wish you would stop saying about food.
- When I was a kid, I hated broccoli florets (it was a texture thing) but loved the stems. Here are some great ways to use the now often overlooked broccoli stems.
- While I’m not totally dissing the Paleo diet, I thought that “Paleo is the Scientology of Diets” brought up some good points.
- 19 items you need on your next grocery list. (I don’t necessarily feel that #17 warranted extra emphasis, but I thought this was a good list, overall.)
- How to cut birthday cake the right way.
- Finally, John Oliver (formerly of The Daily Show) takes on Dr. Oz and nutritional supplements:
Fyi, I’m going to start doing nutrition Q&A columns periodically in The Seattle Times, so if you have a nutrition-related question, email it to me at email@example.com. It might get answered in a future column! Have a fabulous weekend!