Happy Monday! And happy Bastille Day! If you have yet to peruse my On Nutrition column in yesterday’s Seattle Times, “Lighten up, dieters! Focus on health, not weight,” please check it out. I only do interviews for my columns on occasion, and for this one I interviewed Linda Bacon, PhD, and Lucy Aphramor, PhD, RD, who are deeply knowledgeable, ardent advocates for the Health at Every Size (HAES) movement.
- Tuesday: HAES and society
- Wednesday: HAES and the healthcare system
- Thursday: Health obsession and “body projects”
- Friday: Dieting and eating disorders, plus transitioning from dieting to HAES
- Linda Bacon’s website
- Lucy Aphramor’s Well Founded website
- HAES Community
- Association for Size Diversity and Health: HAES Principles
- Health At Every Size Blog
- Be Nourished Blog
- Psychology Central: Weightless
- The Body Positive
- Ditch the Yard Stick: Can We Quit Measuring Up?
- How to Exercise Out Of Self-Love and Not Due to Fat-Shaming
- The Five Languages of Body Love
- Anti-Diet Books Are the New Must-Reads
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Amazon Affiliates program, so if you buy one of Linda and Lucy’s books after clicking on the links above, I may earn a few cents.