Happy Friday! The leaves are falling and the weather is turning here in Seattle…next week the highs will only be in the mid-50s! Time to cook up a batch of soup and finish transitioning my clothes closet from summer to fall. I’m ready to pull out the turtlenecks! I found some pretty interesting nutrition-related links this week…I hope you agree:
- Use of antibiotics in livestock is rising. (I did a HUGE group project on this in grad school, and this is undisputedly a problem that contributes to antibiotic resistance in humans.)
- Even a few drinks a week lower sperm quality.
- How breakfast got its “healthy” reputation.
- How to stock a prepared pantry.
- Is organic food better for you?
- Why celebrate Vegetarian Awareness Month?
- Why one dietitian refuses to put teens on a diet.
- Eating disorders could start as early as elementary school.
- Reasons to not do the things you love. (I thought this was quite interesting, and not just because I totally believe it!)
Have a wonderful weekend!