Happy Friday! Has your countdown to Thanksgiving started yet? For the first time in years, I’ll be preparing Thanksgiving dinner for two (which I don’t mind…that’s how it was for Jeff and I when we were living in Indiana and New Jersey and didn’t have enough vacation time to even consider flying back to the Northwest to be with family). I felt it was appropriate to include a few Thanksgiving-related links in the mix today, so here you go:
- A modern guide to Thanksgiving etiquette.
- Hotlines that may save Thanksgiving.
- A unique way to practice gratitude.
- A visit to the kitchen of legendary cookbook editor Judith Jones. (I’ve never met this woman, but I love her. When I’m 90, I hope I’m still cooking up a storm.)
- Calorie-tracking apps may not help you lose weight.
- Forget calorie counting and start eating healthily.
- Home cooks eat better.
- How many eggs can I eat?
- How to eat eggs for dinner…and why you must.
I’m off this morning to go cook with Christina Arokiasamy, author of The Spice Merchant’s Daughter, for an upcoming Seattle Times article. She called me yesterday to discuss the menu, and I’ve been drooling ever since. Since the weather is grey and drizzly today, it will be a great time to be in a warm kitchen cooking with spices!
Have a wonderful weekend!