Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I think I’m ready…of course, it’s just me + husband this year, so not a lot of pressure. We plan to have a nice meal, watch a little football and watch a lot of Modern Family. I have a column deadline Friday, so I’ll probably be spending a little quality time with my laptop, too.
My 2014 Thanksgiving Menu
Stuffed Turkey Breast
Made by Whole Foods
Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
Recipe from the Taste of Oregon Cookbook
Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
A variation of this recipe
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
From Simply Recipes
Arugula Salad with Roasted Delicata
Delicata recipe from my Recipes Page!
Maple-Spice Cranberry Sauce
Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Recipe via Cupcakes and Cashmere
Need some more Thanksgiving inspiration? Here are a few last-minute links:
- Food52’s Guide to Thanksgiving.
- Also from Food52: 21 genius recipes for Thanksgiving
- The turkey is not to blame for your Thanksgiving “food coma.”
And three of my previous On Nutrition columns:
- Enjoying holiday traditions–healthfully.
- Foiling food pushers.
- Make your holiday bites count with mindful eating.
Feel free to share any special dishes on your menu in the comments! Have a lovely Thanksgiving, and I’ll see you Friday!