Happy Friday everyone! I had an unplanned absence on Wednesday due to a crazy schedule (lots of patients + 2 speaking engagements) and now my immune system appears to be giving up the fight against the crud my husband has been home sick with all week (darn it), so this is going to be a quick links post. It looks like my weekend has a lot of chicken soup and hot tea in store for me.
- Even for the active, a long sit shortens life and erodes health. (this is why I set a timer for 60 minutes when I’m doing desk work so I can get up and do something, anything, lightly active for 10 minutes.)
- Along those lines: The benefits of a lunch hour walk.
- How vitamin D may fight colon cancer.
- Why chewing is underrated.
- We eat 100 acres of pizza a day in the US. (Goodness!)
- An unexpected potential benefit from your morning cup of joe: Protection against melanoma.
- Want to get healthy? Get your partner involved.
And finally, the Mediterranean diet pyramid, then and now:
Have a great weekend!