Happy Friday! I know I’ve been alluding to the fact that I’ve been insanely busy (possibly to the point of being annoying…sorry about that), but it’s true, and it’s been affecting my blogging frequency of late. (Again…sorry.)
The good news is that I see the light at the end of the tunnel (and it’s not the light of an oncoming, train, as someone quipped to me the other day). An exciting new opportunity has come my way (more on that, soon), which in one sense means more work, but in a larger sense is allowing me to pare back some areas of my professional life where, quite frankly, I was spending a lot of time and effort in the hope of future benefit (aka, I was spinning my wheels). The net effect should be more fulfillment, better balance and, um, increased ability to pay my bills!
I feel like a weight has lifted, and I am quite excited about what lies ahead! I’ll talk more about it once the dust of the transition has settled, but until then…there are (always) links:
- Read this before you ever believe another guest on the Dr. Oz show.
- Six veggies to try when you’re sick of kale.
- How food styling is done. (Fun!)
- How meditation changes our brains for the better.
- Chronic anorexia can lead to genetic changes.
- Do you handle poultry safely? (Please note the bit about rinsing raw poultry!)
- Brisket was cheap and delicious; now it’s expensive and you have to wait in line. (To think that I have two briskets in my freezer that I wasn’t sure what do do with! Now I know…
sell themBBQ them!)
- Will warnings about dietary cholesterol go by the wayside? (Hooray for eggs!)
- Is it really worth not eating carbs?
Have a fabulous weekend, and a lovely Valentine’s Day or anti-Valentine’s Day, as you prefer!