Happy Friday! It feels like summer has arrived in Seattle…at least until Monday, when Juneuary sets in (rain and cooler temps). But I’ll take it! (Side note: When I was in Las Vegas last week for a conference, on one day it was mid-60s and hailing, while in Seattle it was 75 and sunny!)
Our whirlwind travels of the last month-plus (one month ago, we were happily ensconced in Paris) are over, wrapping up with a camping trip last weekend near Mt. Rainier (photo below). I was thrilled to have no email access and no cell phone reception…it gave me time to relax and read and think and plan. Just what I needed!
And now, on to the links:
- Three keys to becoming a conscious eater.
- Cutting down on meat? Be careful what you replace it with.
- Food companies tout new ingredients, but are they really good for you?
- What to eat instead of going on a juice cleanse.
- Why you should try body-weight exercises.
- The power of self-care.
- Did you see (and believe) media stories that chocolate makes you thin? Think again.
- When vegetarians go Paleo.
- This recipe for Turkish grilled chicken and roasted vegetables with lemon and basil looks amazing!
- And finally, why giant pandas have to eat and poop all day (this is why vegan diets aren’t right for everyone…or every creature).
I have an On Nutrition column (topic: food addiction) in this Sunday’s Seattle Times, fyi. Have a great weekend!