Happy Friday! Is it wrong of me to be happy that the weather forecast calls for 70 degrees and rain in Seattle this weekend? A perfect excuse to make foods like soup and stew that just haven’t sounded good for the last two abnormally warm months.
- Are superfoods over?
- The best place to meditate? At work.
- Beyond fat-free and frozen: The myriad ways the world uses yogurt.
- It’s time to put an end to junk food fundraising.
- Science on diets is low in essential information.
And three interesting reads on dietary fat:
- Why is the federal government afraid of fat?
- Ending the big, fat debate.
- Sugar, saturated fat, and science: Today’s health meets yesterday’s news.
Finally, the video below doesn’t have anything specifically to do with nutrition or health, but it does have strong parallels to weight stigma and body image, via this powerful demonstration of the unrealistic beauty standards placed on women, and the unfortunate tendency of people to feel that they have the right to comment on and harshly criticize the appearance of others, especially when shielded by the anonymity of social media. This is really worth watching: