Happy Friday! Seattle temperatures are supposed to stay below 80 degrees for the next little while. Yippee! Too bad I don’t have a new stove yet (sigh). I’ve been out of town the past two weekends so I’m super glad to be home this weekend. My garden is a total jungle and requires some delicate wrangling. We’re also redoing our home office (new paint, and replacing the carpet that wasn’t good when we moved in in 2006 and hasn’t improved since). But first…links!
- Fish oil pills: a $1.2 billion industry built, so far, on empty promises.
- Fat stigma fuels weight bullying.
- How rewarding yourself for good habits can throw you off track.
- As tastes shift, food giant General Mills gets a makeover.
- Why a congresswoman started cooking — and “eating clean” — at 47.
- Foodies tend to be healthier and more adventurous.
- Why doctors don’t understand polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Food flavor safety system a “black box.”
- Printing a cookbook. (I can’t wait for this book to be released!)
- 9 tips for identifying and living your priorities.
Finally, how to cook a little smarter (a roundtable on meal planning) from Food52’s Burnt Toast podcast:
Have a great weekend!