Happy Friday! It’s official…Seattle had the hottest June on record, a record that was last broken in 1969. I do NOT want to see my water bill! I’m going camping this weekend (to the Oregon Coast, where it will blessedly be in the low-to-mid 70s) and I fully expect to have ripe tomatoes when I get home. Crazy! Here are this week’s links:
- Find out how much less sleep you’re getting than everyone else.
- Confessions of a (diet) cokehead.
- How to make fruits and veggies last.
- Farewell low-fat: Why scientists applaud lifting a ban on fat.
- Is fresh food better than processed or frozen?
- Most people with diabetes don’t know they have it. And…
- …sugary drinks linked to 180,000 deaths a year.
- Six things Sharon Palmer learned about the Mediterranean diet in Greece.
- Lauren Conrad bans body-shaming terms.
- 25 women bear their gloriously unretouched thighs.
- Food tips for camping and hiking, and…
- …energizing, nourishing food for camping.
Finally, I don’t have kids, but I thought that Jamie Oliver’s Family Food Tube YouTube channel was fun, with useful tips for feeding quality food to babies and children. Actually, I might make Jools Oliver’s recipe for Crunchy Fish Fingers myself! (Even though I would serve it with more broccoli and less potato.)
Have a happy and safe Fourth of July! I’m taking a blogging holiday Monday, so see you Tuesday!