Happy Friday! It’s supposed to be a steamy Seafair weekend here in Seattle. We finally caved and bought a portable A/C for our home office, it was impossible to get any work done in the afternoon and evenings otherwise. So I guess I will be getting a lot of work done this weekend after I take my pup for a long walk in the relative morning coolness, because before long it will be to warm to be anywhere else. For now, here is a handful of thoughtful links:
- Even if you’re lean, 1 soda per day ups your risk of diabetes.
- Why the most popular rule of weight loss is completely wrong.
- When cancer triggers (or hides) an eating disorder.
- Big soda in a froth over proposed new sugar-labeling rules.
- How seltzer water became cooler than Coke. (LaCroix!)
- A massive misconception is wrecking havoc on how we think about food.
- For lots of us, “beach body” isn’t the goal: Why “functional fitness” works.
- Why the pig is the most loved and the most loathed animal on the plate.
- Hemp seed to feed a growing teen.
And finally, I have a stove! (Too bad it’s too hot to turn it on!)