- Why everything is bad for you. (Oh, dear.)
- The benefits of eating candy. Who knew?
- Why is there so much sugar in your kid’s school breakfast?
- Can’t stop eating? Ditch the high-fat diet. This refers more to high-fat processed foods, because on the other side…
- Consumers are embracing full-fat foods.
Not good, especially in light of the brouhaha that erupted on Twitter last week when Coke, under fire of late due to questionable research funding, decided in the interest of transparency to publish the list of health professionals and scientific experts that it has given money to. (My favorite tweet was something about how Coke’s idea of transparency is “We’re going down, and we’re taking all of you with us.”) There are many dietitians on the list, including some I know personally. I would never take a dime from any soda company, and had no idea that BlogHer had placed a Coke ad on my blog.
Ironically, the ad appeared on the very day my ad contract with BlogHer was set to end (I’ve decided not to run ads on my blog at all, and with my pending blog migration it was easier to just cut ties). I promptly went into the guts of the blog and removed the html code that allows ads to run. Problem solved!