Happy Friday! I don’t know about you, but I’ve had a busy week! One of the highlights was giving a talk on Nutrition Entrepreneurship to 200+ nutrition students at my grad school alma mater, University of Washington. Super fun! The class TA asked me afterwards if I get nervous when I give a talk. I do, of course, but I find that my nerves run high beforehand, start to dissipate about 5-10 minutes into the talk, and occasionally pop up briefly, but it doesn’t bother me. I just accept them as part of the process and they never get out of hand. It probably helps that I’ve given a lot of talks and nerves have not only never killed me, but they’ve never killed one of my talks, either. I think it’s almost harder to deal with the adrenaline crash that hits me about 30-60 minutes after my talk ends! But enough about that…here are some links!
- How meditation changes the brain and body
- The Paleo diet, without meat?
- Is organic more nutritious? A new study adds to the evidence. And a related article…
- …Organic meat and milk higher in healthful fatty acids
- FDA to start testing for glyphosate in food [It’s the active ingredient in Roundup and I say, about damn time!]
- A cluttered kitchen can nudge us to overeat, study finds
- Just try to tell me that you don’t want to make this Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Almond-Herb Sauce
- And because I can’t resist: Fat cats on a diet. Will they still love you?
Have a fabulous weekend!