Happy Friday! If the saying “March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb” has any truth to it, then those of us in the Puget Sound area have some lovely weather to look forward to in a few weeks. The last week has continued the wild-and-woolly weather trend (pun intended). Last night I walked home in the dark in pouring rain with a strong headwind. Not fun! At least our power didn’t go out, like it did in many areas.
I think it’s going to be a good weekend to stay inside and cook while listening to 80s-era greatest hit CDs (Pet Shop Boys, Prince, Duran Duran, Crowded House, Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, The Police). What good fun! Now for some links:
- Some popular diets are based on this carb-rating scale. Here’s why it could be misleading (excellent article from one of my favorite dietitian-author-writers-celebrities, Ellie Krieger)
- Running for the wrong reasons
- The best exercises to improve balance
- Making a case for eating fat
- Is dietary sodium really harmful? A complex debate heats up
- Seize the morning: the case for breakfast
- 7 ways to feel more comfortable in your own skin without losing weight
No Seattle Times column this week, but I’m thrilled to have my first ever cover story in Today’s Dietitian (I’ve been writing for them regularly for going on a year now). You can link directly to the article here. And have a great weekend!