Happy Friday! I went on a major produce shopping excursion last weekend (followed by a major cooking and food prep extravaganza), which I’ll post about next week (including a recipe or two), so I’m glad that this weekend will be a bit calmer. A little sleep, a little writing, a little gardening, a little cooking, a little reading, with a few walks, some yoga and a movie or two thrown into the mix. Now that’s a recipe for a good weekend (in my book). In the meantime, here are some links:
- How to buy and store garlic like a pro.
- The seven essentials of becoming a better cook.
- ‘Forest bathing’ is the latest fitness trend to hit the U.S. — ‘Where yoga was 30 years ago‘
- New reasons why you should keep a food journal.
- The harm in blindly ‘going gluten free.’
- 6 questions to cultivate happiness.
- What does the new Nutrition Facts Panel mean for you?
- The celebrity diet trend that actually has some science behind it.
- And, my latest On Nutrition column in The Seattle Times, Good taste and good for you: The Mediterranean diet. (It includes recipes!)
Have a lovely weekend!