Happy Friday! So happy to see some rain this morning…largely because it’s a break in the weather, and it means I don’t need to water my veggie garden this evening. (Less watering = more reading.) Speaking of reading, here are links to some good nutrition related articles, including two of my own!
- Trend alert: Why beets are the hot new superfood.
- No health benefit to replacing fats with carbs. (This isn’t new news, bur it’s further confirmation that healthy fats are in and refined carbs are out.)
- To wit: Healthy eating can include a lot of (good) fat, analysis of 56 diet studies concludes.
- How artificial sweeteners may cause us to eat more.
- If you’ve always wanted to try meditation, use this guide to get started.
- Roving candy, cookie towers: How supermarkets sway shoppers.
- Can you eat foods past the sell-by date?
- The day you decide to stop despising your body.
- My latest column in The Washington Post: Don’t believe those who say smaller, more frequent meals will control appetite.
- And, my latest Seattle Times column: Are smoothies good for you? 5 things to know.
Have a perfectly lovely weekend!