Happy Friday! Today appears to be the last of the hot summer weather, and I for one am glad! I’m itching to make soups, roasts, braises and other dishes that require heating up the oven (and by extension, the kitchen), and 90-degree weather is not amenable to that. Of course, neither is having a kitchen where the oven is sporadically moved to the dining room to facilitate floor tile installation, but I digress. It’s getting harder and harder to use our kitchen (and it will get exponentially worse in a week) but we are in the home stretch! Now, some nutrition news for your weekend reading:
- Nine ways to tighten your family’s food budget without skimping on nutrition.
- ‘Business diet’ a bad deal for the heart.
- Why you shouldn’t join a meal delivery service. (Some valid points on the risk of totally relying on these services.)
- With moderate drinking under fire, alcohol companies go on the offensive.
- ‘Healthy’ sweeteners, protein-powerhouse quinoa and other nutrition myths, debunked.
- Is roasting a healthy way to cook vegetables?
Lack of self-care, and lack of personal boundaries, or both, is something I see a lot in friends, family and patients. With that in mind:
- Starting over: 10 helpful tips to overcome setbacks or failures.
- How to safeguard yourself from energy vampires.
Have a fabulous (or relaxing, or whatever you need it to be) weekend!