Happy Friday! Can you believe it’s December already? Can you believe it’s almost 2017 already? As they say in Game of Thrones, “Winter is Coming,” and I’ve had to pull out heavier coats this week, and hats are now de rigueur. I think this is going to be a good weekend for hot soup, and maybe for curling up under a blanket and reading. Why not start with some of the week’s nutrition news?
- In case you have some air travel planned this holiday season: How to be mindful at airport security.
- Studies show little benefit in supplements.
- How to run like a girl.
- Holiday stress relief: 7 expert tips for a more relaxing holiday.
- 3 mindfulness tips to reduce anxiety.
- My latest On Nutrition column in The Seattle Times: “5 myths—and facts—about olive oil.” Stay tuned for outtakes (i.e., more great information that I didn’t have room for in my column) from my olive oil interviews in Monday’s blog post.
And, a few recipes I’ve made and loved since Thanksgiving (each of these made fabulous leftovers, fyi):
- Slow-Cooked Cavolo Nero (a.k.a. Tuscan Kale)
- Lentils Braised in Red Wine
- Breton Tuna and White Bean Gratin
I had saved each of these recipes to Pepperplate (which I love so much, I can’t even tell you), and decided it was time to actually start working my way through my growing recipe list. Have a great weekend, and please join me in a collective finger-crossing that it doesn’t snow in Seattle next week. Seattle does not do well with snow [sigh].