Happy Friday! Now that the snow and ice and floods have apparently abated, I’m looking forward to getting outside this weekend to clean up my mess of a winter garden (the heavy wet snow didn’t help matters) and go for some long dog walks. I also plan to continue working my way through the fantastic BBC crime series “Luther.” So good. Oh, and reading Maria Semple’s Today Will Be Different. So, SO good! In the meantime, here’s the nutrition news I’ve gathered for you this week:
- A more measured path to sweetness.
- The short-term benefits of fruits and vegetables.
- Eating Toward Immortality: Diet culture is just another way of dealing with the fear of death.
- Dietary protein from any source may help muscle health.
- Comfort food doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure.
- The relationship between food and mood.
- 8 ways to avoid the Monday morning blues.
- Finally, my latest Seattle Times column, “License to eat: the downside of fitness trackers.”
Have a lovely weekend!