Oh, hey, look…a links post! Happy Friday, it’s good to be back linking again. Having just passed off a handful of freelance articles to their respective editors, I have a moment to breathe and focus on the blog…before I launch into rehearsal mode for the talks I’m giving at two conferences in the next week-and-a-half. So here’s a dose of nutrition news for your weekend reading:
- It’s true, hot baths burn calories.
- The 8 voices of laziness and how to overcome them.
- Trans fat ban saved lives in New York, study shows. (There are very few food substances I would call “evil,” but trans fats are one of them.)
- 7 weight loss roadblocks you may encounter in your office. (Featuring quotes from fellow Seattle RD Angel Planells)
- An hour of running may add 7 years to your life. (My husband, the amateur runner, was happy to see this.)
- New Mexico outlaws school ‘lunch shaming.’ (This article horrified me [not the outlawing, but the shaming] shame is deeply, deeply toxic. What happened to those kids will affect them forever.)
Well, I’m off this afternoon to play with a litter of four-week-old golden retriever puppies (one of which, fingers crossed, will come home with us in a month). I hope your weekend is as snuggly as a butterball puppy!